Welcome to Joe's Pond Vermont
The 6/23/2019 Sunfish Sailboat Race was cancelled due to high winds on the pond. The next scheduled race is Sunday, July 21.
2019 Cyanobacteria Volunteer Training Schedule
Cyanobacteria training is training on blue green algae. You can either attend a workshop or an online video for educational purposes only and do not have to agree to be a monitor to participate. Please do take in a 2019 training as they will be adding new photos and information about cyanobacteria observed last year.
Do you recognize this inflatable rubber boat? It is at the Cobb/Gruggel camp at
98 Narrows Drive, and can be picked up there. Their phone is 684-2131.
If you have an ice out question, click here.
News Items Research contributor: N Thomas Brown
- New Champlain Bridge will be completely open for Canada Day
- Video About Annie the Beetle
- Google reveals plans to build 20,000 Bay Area homes
- The global transition to clean energy, explained in 12 charts
- 'Self-healing' polymer brings perovskite solar tech closer to market
- Colorado deer struck by motorcycle gives birth before dying
- Tiny Home Village Aims To Address Homelessness, Health In Bozeman
- Seven (Soon-to-Be) Laws That Could Affect Your Life
- Agriculture Census Says N.H. Farms Are Smaller, More Profitable
- Dartmouth Study: Arctic Warming Is Shrinking Tundra Lakes
This web site is privately owned and maintained for the convenience of Joe's Pond Association membership and the communities of Cabot, Danville, and Walden. The intent is to provide easy access to information about our immediate area and the region where we live. We try to present information to appeal to a variety of internet users such as potential renters or property seekers , historians, and vacationers. We also provide a space for local business people to showcase their products and services. Our Events Page includes not only the activities of the Joe's Pond Association, but also community activities. Not all the "local color" is in our autumn trees - you'll find a good deal of that in the "Local News Blog" where news items, photos and comments by local residents are posted on a daily basis, making it the most active page on the site. JPA is not responsible for appearance or content. Any questions should be directed here.
Iceout and Fireworks
Before you leave the site, be sure to visit the Ice-Out Contest Page. The Joe's Pond Ice-Out Contest tickets are available from July until April, providing fun for thousands of people. Proceeds fund a huge free July Fireworks Display each year - an exciting event you won't want to miss. Check the Events Schedule for the exact date as it changes each year.